Reward all affiliates involved in the buying process of a product
If a customer accesses multiple affiliation links before purchasing a product, Split Commission will reward all affiliates involved.
Let’s say a customer visits the same product from different affiliate links before buying it. They first discovered the item using one affiliate link but, afterward, they leave the website looking for more information on specialized forums.
There, they find the information they were looking for and on the same page, they find another affiliate link for the exact same product at the same buyer. If the customer will purchase the product, both affiliates will be rewarded for this sale, even if the customer purchased it using the second link.
The Split Commission extension can be set to either equally distribute the commissions among all affiliates responsible for the sale, or have them receive custom amounts. The values can be manually set by the admin.
1. In the first scenario, the commission will be distributed equally to all affiliates.
Use the value 0 or leave the ‘extra bonus’ fields empty for first and last affiliates.
2. For the second scenario, add an extra bonus to the affiliate whose link has been accessed first. Let’s say that we offer a 10% bonus to Adam. The rest of 90% of the commission will be equally divided between all affiliates.
3. The third scenario will add an extra bonus to the last affiliate whose link has been accessed. We offer a bonus of 20% to the last affiliate. The rest of 80% of the commission will be split between all affiliates.
4. The fourth scenario is to add extra bonuses for first and last affiliates.
We offer a 15% bonus to Adam and 5% to Curtis. The sum of the bonuses represents 20% of the commission.
The rest of 80% of the commission will be equally split between all affiliates.
We have a product with a price of 120$.
The admin grants a commission of 30% from the product price which represents 36$.
1. In the first scenario, all the affiliates receive equal parts.
Adam receives 12$.
Jeremy receives 12$.
Curtis receives 12$.
2. In the second scenario, we give an extra bonus of 10% for the first affiliate. That means 3.6$.
The rest of $32.4 will be divided to all affiliates. So we will have $10.8 per affiliate.
Adam receives $14.4 ($10.8 + $3.6).
Jeremy receives $10.8.
Curtis receives $10.8.
3. In the third scenario, we give an extra bonus of 20% to the last affiliate, which is $7.2.
The rest of $28.8 will be divided among all affiliates. That means $9.6 per affiliate.
Adam receives $9.6.
Jeremy receives $9.6.
Curtis receives $16.8 ($7.2 + $9.6).
4. In the fourth scenario, we give a 15% bonus to Adam and 5% to Curtis. This represents a total of $7.2 in bonuses.
Adam receives a bonus of $5.4.
Curtis receives a bonus of $1.8.
The rest of $28.8 will be divided split between all affiliates. That is exactly $9.6 per affiliate.
Adam receives $15 ($5.4 + $9.6).
Jeremy receives $9.6$.
Curtis receives $11.4 ($1.8 + $9.6).
Note that the sum between the first affiliate and last affiliate’s bonuses should not exceed 100% from the commission.
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.